SVELT has created a database of community members who are willing to temporarily house livestock during emergency situations. You are responsible for making arrangements for your animals, this is just a resource to help you do that. Click the button below and it will direct you to the current temporary animal housing database.
SVELT Temporary Housing Protocol
Disclaimer: It is the policy of the Solano Voluntary Emergency Livestock Team that any resident who volunteers to be a part of the SVELT Temporary Housing Database understands and agrees with the following conditions:
- SVELT is NOT responsible for arranging temporary housing for owners who need to evacuate their animals in a disaster.
- Owners will contact database members directly to arrange for temporary housing.
- SVELT will NOT provide a liability release for housing animals. Property owners must develop their own protocol for agreement to temporarily house animals and have that agreed upon by both the property owner and the owner of the animals being housed.
- SVELT is not responsible for animals that are abandoned by their owners. SVELT members may be available to lend support and give advice on how to re-home animals, but they will do so of their own individual accord.
Rights of Residents Offering Temporary Housing:
- Property owners have full discretion to accept or deny taking in someone’s animals. By dealing directly with the owners and not having SVELT set up arrangements, property owners can use their own discernment and make choices accordingly.
- Property owners are encouraged to set up their own protocol for accepting animals for temporary housing. Development of liability release forms, protocols for animal abandonment, etc. is highly recommended.
- Property owners have the right to request being removed from the database at any time. Please email us to request removal from the database.